Date(s) - March 08, 2018
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Private Sector and School Partnerships at George Mason University’s Center for Regional Analysis. Thursday, March 8, 9:00am-2:30pm.
“In response to a changing economy, many states-including Virginia-now expect their public schools to offer students real world experience before they enter the workforce. As a result, schools must now partner with their business community to create work-based learning opportunities. This symposium will bring business and school leaders together to discuss rigorous strategies for establishing and growing these partnerships. Featuring former US Secretary of Education, Arne Duncan, Virginia Secretary of Education, Anne Holton, as well as other experts from across the public and private sectors.”
- Anne Holton; former Virginia Secretary of Education and visiting professor of education policy at GMU
- Dr. Jeffery Smith; Superintendent, Hampton City Schools and Champion of the Academies of Hampton
- Monica Callahan; Director of Workforce Programs, ChamberRVA
- Steve Constantino, Acting Virginia Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Tom Windley, CEO, Premier Physical Therapy
- Lt. Jason Price, Commander, Community Engagement Unit, Hampton Police Division and The Academy of Law & Public Safety at Bethel High School
This symposium organized with support from the Virginia Dept. of Education and Jobs For the Future.
For the detailed agenda with speakers, please click here.
For travel logistics, which includes local hotels, parking, and metro information along with maps and emergency procedures, please click here.
Registration costs $25, and lunch will be provided. Register here.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. More information here.