It’s no secret that Fairfax County and the Metro DC region is thriving in the world of startups and technology, which makes this the perfect place to bring Social Media Week Fairfax (#SMWFairfax) to the DMV. Click here to register.
Social Media Week (SMW) is one of the world’s premier conferences and industry news platforms for professionals in media, marketing, and technology. The mission is to give professionals at the intersection of media, marketing and technology the insights, ideas and opportunities they need to advance themselves and their organizations in a globally connected world.
This year the theme is “Closer“ and will explore the intensifying conflict between individualism and community.
Presented by Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, this one-day event promises to provoke rigorous discussion and debate on the changes in human connectivity through engaging, entertaining, educational and diverse content and experiences.
Topics for this year’s event are set to include:
- Keynote Conversation: Partnerships with Purpose: How National Geographic Became the #1 Brand on Social Media with Tammy Abraham & Amanda Waas, of National Geographic and Moderated byAnthony Shop of SocialDriver
- “Future Tense: How Leading Companies Embrace Innovation,” with Caitlin McKenna of Hilton, David “Rev” Ciancio of Yext, Jinnyn Jacobof Booz Allen Hamilton, Neal Rothschild of Axios Moderated by Jonathan Aberman host of What’s Working in Washington.
- “Hug Your Haters: The Art of Dealing with and Defusing Negativity Online,” with Laura Larrimore of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Joseph Galbo of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Lanae Spruce of National Museum of African American History & Culture and Moderated by Christopher Dorobek of GovLoop’s DorobekINSIDER.
- “Playing with Matches: Does Digital Media Fuel or Burn Startups?”with Joe Falit of Yombu, Amelia Friedman of Hatch Apps, Ryan Croftof TransitScreen, and Ajay Kori of UrbanStems, and Moderated by Aaron Gregg of The Washington Post.
- Keynote Conversation: Short-Form Videos: A Recipe for Business Success with Food Network & Cooking Channel‘s Deb Puchalla and Sara Levine
- “Limitations Inspire Creativity” with Brian Fanzo, Change Evangalist & Pager-Wearing Millennial Speaker
- And MC Sarah Fraser Media Personality and Host of HeyFrase Podcast!
Among exhibitors committed to participating in the interactive Innovation Hub exhibition area are:
George Mason VSGI & MGTA (demo games and mixed reality), Fifth Tribe (product development, interactive building, digital marketing), Microsoft (digital transformation through intelligent cloud), QBurst (online marketing), Big Parser (connecting to and sharing data), DCVR (virtual reality), We Work/We Work Labs (workspace for startups), Zoomph (media metrics and analytics), DC Inno (digital media), TAG Labs (educational funding through video game arcade).
This year’s Social Media Week sponsors include: Capital One, QBurst, Microsoft, Zoomph, Amazon Web Services, Hilton, Yext, Booz Allen Hamilton, Axios, Hatch Apps, TransitScreen, UrbanStems, Big Parser, The Bridge, LSMP Video, DC Virtual Reality (DCVR), InsideNoVA, DC Inno, NextGov, Potomac Tech Wire, WeWork and WeWork Labs.
For a complete agenda, full list of speakers go to smwfairfax.com.