|Developer/Owner||CHPPENN I, LLC and FCRHA (Details below)|
|Type||Multifamily and townhomes|
|Units||219 Multifamily (workforce/affordable), 60 units for seniors, and 195 for-sale townhomes|
|Land||33 Acres (12 for park space)|
Tax Map Address: 2800 Camelia Drive, Alexandria, VA 22306
The Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA) owns a vacant 33-acre parcel on the east side of Richmond Highway near the intersection with Lockheed Boulevard, which has long been planned for use as an affordable housing development and a county park.
Fairfax County issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for additional developer bids under Virginia’s Public Private Educational Facilities Infrastructure Act (PPEA), and selected the now North Hill Project proposal from applicant CHPPENN I, LLC.
CHPPENN is a partnership between Virginia based Community Housing Partners (CHP) and Pennrose, a high quality developer based in Philadelphia, PA.
The developer proposed, among other things, to:
- Construct 279 multi-family rental units in six separate, high quality, urban designed buildings with structured parking
- One building of 60 units will be reserved for seniors
- Dedicate 10% of units to households with an annual income at or below 30% of the Area Median Income (AMI), 20% of units
for households with an annual income at or below 50% of the AMI, and the remaining units for households with an annual income at or below 60% of the AMI. (Washington AMI for a family of four is $109,200.)
- Construct up to 195 for-sale townhomes, a portion of which will offer affordability below market rate prices for first time home buyers
- Preserve the undeveloped portion of the property for park land
- Pay the FCRHA for the portion of the property that will contain the for-sale townhomes and make an annual ground lease payment for the land area proposed to contain the multi-family buildings
- Rezoning approved in early 2017.
- This content is available here: www.fairfaxcounty.gov/rha/north_hill
- Fairfax County media release: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news2/north-hill-poised-to-become-an-affordable-and-market-rate-housing-hub-on-richmond-highway/