Below you will find information and links regarding the Richmond Highway Widening project. We hope that this page will serve as a resource in assisting affected parties of the widening. However, if you have any additional questions or need assistance, SFDC is here to help! Email us at email@example.com or call us at (703)-360-5008.
VDOT is working to improve safety, reduce congestion, and help increase the community’s multimodal options along about three miles of Richmond Highway (Route 1) from Jeff Todd Way to Sherwood Hall Lane (Route 626). This project will:
- Widen Richmond Highway from four to six lanes
- Add separate bicycle lanes and sidewalks on both sides of the road
- Reserve median width to accommodate Fairfax County’s future dedicated bus-only lanes
All pedestrian and bicycle facilities will be ADA-compliant, turn lanes will be extended wherever possible to improve safety and capacity, and signals throughout the corridor will be optimized.
Design Approval – Spring 2019
Begin Right of Way Acquisition – Winter 2019/20
Begin Utility Relocation – Winter 2020/21
Begin Construction – Summer 2023
Important Links for Affected Parties
Below is a list of links that will aide affected parties of the widening:
Important Links for Businesses
Below is a list of helpful links for businesses affected by the widening:
- VDOT: Virginia Department of Transportation
- FCDOT: Fairfax County Department of Transportation
- Department of Planning and Development
- Community Business Partnership
- Mt. Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce
- Workshops, Counseling, Capital, Real Estate, etc.
- Small Business Administration
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership
Important Contact Information
Below is a list of links that will direct you to the contact information of key elected officials: